Dates and its nutritional benefits
Date which is commonly known as date palm or phoenix dactylifera, is a flowering plant species in Arecaceae which is cultivated for its edible sweet fruit. Dates are widely cultivated and popular across Northern Africa, the Middle East and South Asia.
Here are some of its health benefits:
- Date contains vitamins and minerals fibre, healthy calories and antioxidants which make quite healthy for our immune system.
- Dates are helpful for reducing ignition and preventing brain disease an example of which is Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Dates helps to facilitate and ease natural labour for expecting mothers.
- The presence of several minerals (phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium) in dates have proven to prevent bone-related conditions.
- The presence of low glycaemic index, fibre and antioxidants can help regulate blood sugar.