An easy way to make the spicy palm oil jollof rice
This tasty delicacy is filled with different spices and can serve as breakfast or lunch.
The very quick and easy palm oil Jollof recipe is gotten from making very spicy rice mainly with palm oil as the base.
2 cups of rice
3 cooking spoons of palm oil
3 crushed Habanero peppers or Ata-rodo
Garlic and ginger as needed
1 medium-sized onion
A cup of chopped Basil or scent leaves
1 tablespoon dry grinded pepper or red chilli flakes
2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
300g of pomo (chopped)
A cup of whole dry prawns
1 large dry fish or smoked fish
3 seasoning stock cubes
2 cups of meat stock or plain water
- Parboil the rice then pour in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pour palm oil in a dry pot on medium heat and let it fry for some seconds. Add onions and garlic, and then fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the pomo and the dried fish to the palm oil and stir.
- Pour in the meat stock to it alongside the seasoning cubes, crayfish, ginger and salt.
- Now add the rice to the content and stir very well to combine, add more water to the rice if needed and taste for salt and adjust.
- Bring the rice to a boil and keep checking it from time to time to see the level of water. Meanwhile, pluck the basil from the stalk and shred it into small sizes. Add the basil once the rice is dry and stir.
- Let the rice simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat.
Your palmoil rice is ready! Serve warm with any choice of protein.Tags: Jollof rice Palm oil rice