A simple way to prepare Kebda Eskandarani
It is made with water buffalo liver; this sandwich is quite popular on the street of Egyptian food, although it originated from the port city of Alexandria.
- 1/2 kg beef liver
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 grated teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- shatta hot sauce
- Add the chopped liver, green pepper, garlic and little black pepper into a saucepan then mix them together.
- Heat the oil and margarine in a pan.
- Add in the liver mixture, season with salt and shatta and cook until the liver is done.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the lemon juice.
- Serve the kibda warm with tahini salad and bread or with ketchup.