A simple and very fast way to make Oha soup
This is a recipe that won’t take your time and you should give it a try soon.
Oha soup is a delicacy that is popular among the Easterners in Nigeria but other tribes also love having it. Sadly only a few can actually cook it.
The Oha leaves are meant to be hand-picked and not diced with a knife. It should also be thoroughly washed before tearing the leaves into bits with your hands.
Ground Black Pepper and onion
Pounded Cocoyam or Achi
- Boil your meat on medium heat and add diced onions. Allow it cook till tender.
- Add the stockfish, blackfish and let them all boil till it is tender to your taste.
- Add palmoil and allow to cook up to 3 minutes. Pour in the
- When it has cooked properly add Palm oil . blended crayfish, black paper, and allow to cook up before adding salt to taste.
- After few minutes, add the blended/ pounded cocoyam paste or Achi that had been dissolved in ordinary water to make the soup thicker and keep stirring to avoid sticking.
- Cook for 10 more minutes then add seasoning cube and ogiri. Put the hand-chopped Oha leaves after.
- Put off the heat after 2 minutes and let it simmer.
Your Oha soup is ready! Serve with any swallow.