Make this lovely plantain fufu recipe in 3 minutes
The lovely delicacy is quite easy to make and can be done using the microwave in your kitchen.
We as Africans tend to always stick to old traditions of making fufu the old way but this plantain fufu recipe is a new one that you should probably give a shot.
1/2 cup of plantain fufu flour
3/4 cup of hot water
1/4 cup of warm water
- Pour the plantain fufu flour in a bowl then slowly pour in the 1/4 cup of warm water and stir so lumps do not form. The warm water may begin to make the fufu form slightly by absorbing all the water.
- Slowly pour in half of the hot water and mash and flip over.
- Pour a bit more of the hot water and place it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Take it out, mash and flip over multiple times and pour the rest of the water over the fufu dough that has begun to form. Place in the microwave again for another 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Take it out, mash and flip again and by now it should be stretchy which means it is ready.
Your plantain fufu is ready! Serve with any soup of your choice.