How to prepare sweet and tasty peppered snail
Craving the perfect appetizer to keep the mouth busy and tummy ready before the main dish? Peppered snail is the answer.
1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 Extra large snails
- 6 Medium scotch bonnet pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 Medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 sliced green bell pepper (sliced)
- curry powder
- seasoning cubes
- Alum and lemons/lime
- Wash the snails with lemons or lime using alum till the slime and smell are gone.
- Pour the snails in a pot and add some water. Add salt, seasoning cube, some chopped onion and cook until soft, then drain from the stock and set aside.
- Heat a pan of oil and fry the snails for just a bit. Set aside.
- Heat a pan of oil again and pour in the rest of the onions. Saute till translucent.
- Add the peppers and tomatoes. Fry for 2 minutes then add some salt, seasoning and some curry powder.
- Add the hot fried snail and continue stir-frying for 1 minute (To allow the snail marinate in the sauce, the snail should go straight into the pepper sauce immediately as it is taken off the hot oil). Leave for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
Your peppered snails snack is ready! Serve with cold drinks.