How to prepare bole and sauce in your oven at home
This delicacy is popular among people from the South-South region of Nigeria and is known to contain roasted plantain with really spicy pepper sauce and fish.
Grilling and saucing
- Pre-heat the oven grill at 170ºC until it gets hot.
- Peel the plantain and apply a bit of salt to them.
- Gently place the salted plantain on the grill mesh then place in the oven and leave for 15 minutes. Keep turning over the plantain on different sides so it gets evenly grilled.
- Take out the plantain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat palm oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and pepper. Let it fry for 4 minutes then add salt to taste. Keep frying while also stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
The delicious meal is ready! Serve the bole with the sauce.