How to prepare a special Ghanaian Chicken light soup
This is a family soup that is mostly enjoyed when eaten with friends and relations.
The Ghanaian chicken light soup is a very tasty delicacy that can go with fufu or rice. It is also one of the easiest soups to prepare.
Boiling / Stewing
1 big garden egg
1 medium-sized white onions
Few dices of red onions
1 fresh chicken (please be sure to use live chicken and native one if possible)
3 medium-sized fresh tomatoes
2 seeds yellow scotch bonnet pepper
6-7 seeds green unripe scotch bonnet pepper
1 teaspoon tomato paste
2 deseeded spice
1 clove garlic(optional)
- Wash and boil your chicken in a pot using ground ginger, garlic, diced onion and salt as seasoning.
- Add more water when the chicken gets halfway cooked then pour in the whole garden egg, yellow scotch bonnet pepper, whole white onions and whole tomatoes and cover to continue cooking.
- Remove the garden egg, tomatoes, pepper and onions added to the boiling chicken earlier after about 10 minutes. Blend them into a smooth paste using a blender and set it aside.
- Add the spice, tomato paste, green unripe pepper and a bit more water into the boiling chicken then leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the blended mix using a tiny mesh while the juice pours into the pot of chicken. The soup thickens at this point.
- Taste if the seasoning is enough and leave it to simmer under low heat for about 5 minutes.
Your Chicken light soup is ready! Serve with rice, pounded potato or fufu.